Systems to produce Children’s Board Books:
For the production of board books with carton cover and / or board book blocks to be finished in a separate hard cover line.
I. Mode of operation
- comprehensive in-line system for the production of board books with carton cover and book blocks to be cased in hard covers in a second operation
- savings through reduced personnel and no intermediate storage area due to elimination of folding procedure
- quick make ready thanks to touch screen controlled units makes also short runs profitable
- programmable glue systems for pages with windows, die cut elements, puzzles etc.
- grey board blanks can be added for thicker pages
- thanks to the modular design of the elements the book manufacturer can start with a basic unit and complete the line in stages as his business grows
- flat sheets continuously loaded onto the pile feeders are fed into the collator channel and enter one by one (not piled) perfectly aligned the rotary creasing unit, which can be adapted according the material quality
- 4-page signatures formed by a longitudinal plough are – depending on kind of product - book blocks and pneumatically pressed in three stages partially or full area glued by a programmable cold glue system, thoroughly jogged, piled to stages
- if number of signatures per book exceeds number of collator stations the piled books are diverted after the presses by a gate onto a free roller conveyor. The pre-manufactured blocks can be added by a book block feeder in a second passage.
- carton covers fed from a magazine hopper feeder followed by a triple creasing unit and a programmable cold glue system are united with the book blocks and pressed
- depending on the final book size the two-up or three-up products are split up before entering the three side trimming and round cornering line to be piled in the final stacker, ready to receive a hard case in a separate operation or carton covered books be packed and shipped.
III. Technical Data
|Flat carton sheet sizes for collator:||max. 700 mm x 550 mm
min. 205 mm x 150 mm
|Carton thickness for folded signatures:||0,5 mm - 1 mm|
|Board thickness for thick pages:||max. 2,5 mm|
|Trimmed book sizes:||max. 350 mm (spine) x 320 mm
150 mm (spine) x 100 mm
|Book thickness:||min. 3 mm
max. 50 mm
|Speed:||for trimmed spine lengths up to
350 mm ............... 1.000 books per hour 1-up
260 mm ............... 2.000 books per hour 2-up
170 mm ............... 3.000 books per hour 3-up
1) the actual production speed and the effective net performance are dependent on kind of product, material quality and the general production conditions.